Main objectives of the project
The main project objective is to strengthen the national consultative process through supporting the launch of a National Roma Platform, as a mechanism of dialogue, exchange, involvement and cooperation between all stakeholders relevant to the National Roma Integration Strategy or integrated set of policy measures, in line with promoting the principle of non-discrimination on various grounds.
Short description of the implemented activities
- Identified relevant stakeholders and created a structured list/register;
- Reviewed the existing mechanisms for coverage of various participants in particular representatives from the NGO sector in coordination bodies at national level with the perspective to support the elaboration of a relevant mechanism for representative coverage for the NRP;
- Planned and designed the 11 public events of the project;
- Organized and implemented 3 working meetings on launching the project, discussing project draft outputs, NRP concept and issues on NRIS implementation, with different groups of stakeholders representing institutions, NGOs, Roma community, etc.;
- Organized and implemented 2 topical discussion meetings on Roma youth development and Roma women, with relevant stakeholders, aiming at capacity building, empowerment and topical discussions;
- Organized and implemented 6 Regional Forums for capacity building and discussions, with relevant local stakeholders;
- Created thematic heading on NCCEII website with Chat Apps and sub-headings, as an electronic tool for facilitating the NRP dialogue, information and cooperation;
- Developed framework document outlining the NRP, further steps, project results;
- Elaborated communication materials–project leaflet, information materials posted onto the website, and media publications to inform all stakeholders and general society on the project and the NRP.
Key results achieved
- Ensured involvement of all relevant stakeholders’ representatives;
- Strengthened cooperation across all levels;
- Facilitated dialogue and debate on Roma integration issues and NRIS/local action plans implementation;
- Enhanced capacity of relevant stakeholders, incl. Roma youth and women, regional/local stakeholders;
- Raised awareness of stakeholders and general public;
- Empowered NRCP;
- Launched and established NRP as nationaly led consultation process.
Impact on the target groups or other groups affected by the project
- 534 persons from target groups - relevant stakeholders’ groups on all levels directly participated in project activities;
- The project brings together representatives from various stakeholder groups and creates inclusive environment to get to know each other, to communicate, exchange experience, views and ideas, and to cooperate;
- The target groups are with raised information on NRIS, local action plans, Roma integration issues and enhanced capacity to involve in dialogue and consultation process;
- The target groups are with increased awareness on the need and benefits of active NRP process of dialogue;
- Deepened knowledge on local inclusive planning, funding opportunities, communication with media, non-discrimination principles;
- NRCP intensify the contacts and relations with local communities and authorities;
- 2206 persons from general society are reached by the project/ NRP thematic heading in the NCCEII website.